Cannot install on any websites

More
13 years 10 months ago #7702 by worsin
I have tried to install this on like 5 different sites on my server and not 1 will accept it.

i get the following error every time.
Code:
* JInstaller::install: SQL Error. DB function failed with error number 2006 MySQL server has gone away SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `jos_flexicontent_cats_item_relations` ( `catid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `itemid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`catid`,`itemid`), KEY `catid` (`catid`), KEY `itemid` (`itemid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_general_ci`; SQL = CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `jos_flexicontent_cats_item_relations` ( `catid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `itemid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`catid`,`itemid`), KEY `catid` (`catid`), KEY `itemid` (`itemid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_general_ci`; * Component Install: SQL error or missing or unreadable SQL file. DB function failed with error number 2006 MySQL server has gone away SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `jos_flexicontent_cats_item_relations` ( `catid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `itemid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`catid`,`itemid`), KEY `catid` (`catid`), KEY `itemid` (`itemid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_general_ci`; SQL = CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `jos_flexicontent_cats_item_relations` ( `catid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `itemid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ordering` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`catid`,`itemid`), KEY `catid` (`catid`), KEY `itemid` (`itemid`) ) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8` COLLATE `utf8_general_ci`; * Error Loading ModulesMySQL server has gone away SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_modules WHERE published = 1 AND access <= 2 AND client_id = 1 ORDER BY ordering, id

Seems as if its the same thing as this guy had but i don't speak the language and it doesn't seem there was a solution.

I have tried Joomla! 1.5.17 and 1.5.18.

Using
Database Version: 5.0.90-community
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server: Apache/2.2.15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7703 by kenmcd

worsin wrote: i get the following error every time.

Code:
... MySQL server has gone away ... ...

This message means that the MySQL server connection has timed-out during the installation.

Installing pre-extracted files from your Joomla tmp directory will probably work.
Using your server CPanel upload the FLEXIcontent package.
Then extract the files there.
Install from there (point the Joomla installer to the manifest.xml file).
This eliminates the upload time and the extraction time so the MySQL server connection is less likely to time-out.

Converting the install package to a ZIP also works for some servers.
Many servers have a hard time extracting large TAR.GZ files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline