[SOLVED] Cannot install, error message 2006

More
13 years 9 months ago #8963 by baby_lone
Hello everyone,

I could not find a way to install Flexicontent on my website; either the Joomla site did not respond or I obtained an SQL error message 2006 (MySQL server has gone away).

I solved the problem by unzipping the installation package com_flexicontent_153c_stable.tar.gz then compressing it again using a .zip extension. I could then install the extension in less than 2 minutes. I've also read that in a similar case, you can upload the files to your server's tmp folder then use the "install from directory" link. I haven't tested that second option though.

Hope it can help others who face the same problems!

Great extension BTW.

Have a great day =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8971 by micker
thanks for this information !
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 9 months ago #9141 by utekathy

I've also read that in a similar case, you can upload the files to your server's tmp folder then use the "install from directory" link. I haven't tested that second option though.

I just tried that and a disaster resulted. Error messages galore despite a 'component install success' message. Even had trouble restoring from back up after that(flexicontent was in my File Manager but not on the admin back end in any form). Finally had to reinstall the old 1.5beta version from my hard drive.

So now I still don't have front end editing and, given my novice status, am tenative to try anything else but might try to convert into a zip file and retry.

Is there a reason the tar.gz file is such a problem for some but not others??? Is that server related. I am frustrated as hell having spent way too much time trying this and failing.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9143 by utekathy
I rezipped the uncompressed tar.gz. The resulting .zip file appears identical to the original 1.5beta zip file. Yet IT WILL NOT install on the Joomla extension installer. It times out and gives a server error yet the file is only slightly bigger than the 1.5 beta file i had no trouble with earlier today.

Can anyone please give me an idea of how to proceed from here?

I have tried:

1. joomla installation with .tar.gz, .tar, .zip--all give server error

2. uploading via server File Manager and ftp then trying to unzip .tar.gz, .tar, .zip--this has always worked in the past when files gave server errors on installation attempts but not this time.(Is there a specific directory I should be unzipping the files to? I've tried several.)

3. unzipping the .tar to a directory and using the 'directory install' option--flexicontent crashed and I had to reinstall 1.5beta (which was very easy and no problems).

I have already discussed with the server and my upload time is maxed out. I don't think that is the problem.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline