Categories not being recognized

More
13 years 9 months ago #9031 by utekathy
I just upgraded to 1.5.3 and found difficulties with the 'categories'. The categories exist and have appropriate items under them, but there is no list of categories on the drop down menu on the items page. Also, on the category edit page, the drop down list is only the category numbers, not the names.

Thus, users are not able to find articles on the category menu pages and instead get a '404 error-category does not exist'

I did not 'import the joomla structure' assuming that wasn't necessary on an upgrade, only a new install.

I am not a website developer so my knowledge is extremely basic.

Thanks for any help. Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9033 by yopyop001
Strange...

I can have a look if you PM me an access to your site administration.

Rgds

More
13 years 5 months ago #11774 by utekathy
Hi there,

We're having this problem again, now in conjunction with another problem.

As a starting point, items and categories were displaying properly. However after the following actions, they no longer are.

First problem, my starting point, was that an item version needed to be updated to current version. Flexicontent gave the "update these tasks then refresh page" message. I clicked the update button, but it is not updating. It is only returning me to top of page with no effect, even after refreshing.

Meanwhile, I noticed the "import joomla structure" option. I'm a newer admin on the site and had never seen that option before. I thought perhaps, given the situation, that also needed to be updated. So I ran that.

After running that, the site items no longer displayed, as described in the original forum post. And the "update versions" issue still has not been resolved. The site appears to have created a duplicate "flexicontent" section, and I do not know how to switch back to the old one, or direct the site to utilize the new one and display properly, either way.

Any assistance is very much appreciated!
-wynnesome

More
13 years 5 months ago #11963 by micker
outch ...
you do an error when you import joomla structure your delete flexicontent item ...
reinstall a save of your bdd
add simply copie your joomla content in your flexicontent categorie ...
for your message
try to clean joomla cache and expired cache

regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline