How to make a table in a content item?

More
12 years 4 months ago #21008 by ggppdk
mmm, we have items,
-- an item is a row in the table,
if want more columns
-- you create a new field
-- and add it to the template,
so this way you will have the same effect, or am i missing something ? :)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21011 by pepperstreet
I forgot to mention... I am talking of the end-user dealing with the new-item-creation. No matter if he is in backend or frontend. Usually the frontend-user is an average "techi-guy". So, he don´t want or he is not able to create a typical product-specs-table in a WYSIWYG editor.

Don´t we all try to avoid those situations... and its the whole basic idea of a CMS to simplify and unify the data-input. The major drawback of Joomla! IMHO. Its not really content or data-managemant... its HTML-articles editing :roll: ;-)

More
12 years 1 month ago #23680 by hede
Did someone figure out how to build a table?

The problem with adding fields to get more columns is that when one puts the fields in <td> tags there is no way to give these tags a different class to apply e.g. a differnet width to each of these <td>s.

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 1 month ago #23712 by ggppdk
now i think you speak of default template which is tabular in category view, right?

you want to have CSS class names for the cells containing the field data, right?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 1 month ago #23715 by hede
Dont know if we are on the same road ...

I need the same field (plugin) that was pointed out in the first post. With that the "Add value" button would add a new table row, not just a new cell like a text field does.

Right now I have to build a table with the field type "text" surrounded by "Opening tag: <td>" and its closing tag. For each row I need a different new field like row1, row 2, ... The user must hit "Add value" to get a new cell (column) in a row. But with that he can easily screw the table by putting a different amount of cells in each row.

What we need is a field type (plugin) that makes it easy for website editors to enter data into a table.

The code I use for building a table out of text fields is this:
Code:
<table class="spectable"> <?php if (isset($this->item->positions['tablerow1'])) : ?> <?php foreach ($this->item->positions['tablerow1'] as $field) : ?> <tr class="odd field_<?php echo $field->name; ?>"><?php echo $field->display; ?></tr> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?> <?php if (isset($this->item->positions['tablerow2'])) : ?> <?php foreach ($this->item->positions['tablerow2'] as $field) : ?> <tr class="even field_<?php echo $field->name; ?>"><?php echo $field->display; ?></tr> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?>

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 1 month ago #23718 by ggppdk
So you speak of a new field e.g. a text field that creates "tabled" data, but you don't want to use a textarea field with a WYSIWYG editor, because you want a simpler interface ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline