This file type is not supported on File Field upload

More
12 years 8 months ago #17811 by Stamtown
Hi - I'm having problems with the file field. When trying to upload (either media or secure method) I get the error "This file type is not supported." Happens with many different kinds of safe files - I tried pdf, doc, csv, txt and nothing works. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Also happens when I go directly to the "Files" section and try to upload anything.

1.5.5 stable (r607), Joomla 1.5.23

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17815 by micker
hello
on front end ore backend ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #17821 by ggppdk
Goto the Global Flexicontent options:
Clear completely:
1. Legal Extensions (File Types)
2. Legal Image Extensions (File Types)
3. Ignored Extensions
4. Legal MIME Types
5. Illegal MIME Types

By clearing (setting completely blank) the above, the default values will be loaded in them.

Also i suggest to set flash uploader to No. It does not work due to new limitations of newer version of Flash player. (Flexicontent content use the Joomla flash uploader, but has a separate option to enable it or not, like joomla has in Global configuration)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #17849 by Stamtown
Thank you for the quick response. I cleared out everything (it restored the defaults) but it is still giving me the same error, sadly. It also gives me an "Invalid Token" error after clicking upload.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17852 by ggppdk
About invalid token in the filemanager, please see solution here:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... pic#p16908

Also about "file type is not supported" do the same for the Global Joomla configuration options, and try again.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #22492 by rbodinmultimedia
Hello

I also have the same issue.
I did as you advised :
- empty the global configuration field both Joomla! and FC, to restore default values.
- as I also had the invalid token issue, I followed the instruction on the other topic, and it worked fine.

But I still have the "file not supported" error message.

I guess it is still related to a bug, and that it should be fixed with the 1.5.6 ... :mrgreen:
Well if you have a fix not including an upgrade that would be so great :) .

Best regards

rbodin

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline