Creating a time only field

More
14 years 1 week ago #6326 by status101
Hi There, Sorry if this is a simple one that I just dont get, but I have not been able to work it out. I searched the forum and couldnt find anything either.

I am creating an "Event" type for a website, and I need to have Date as one field and Time as another field.

I have created a date field fine, and the date picker is working fine for just the date.. but how do I do Time only field?

What I tried ( just me trying to work it out )
I created a second field (field type: date) and then entered the strftime custom format of - %g:%i %A which I think should create the correct display.. I added the field to the template, and created a new item.. but HOW to I enter the actual data into the time field in the item entry screen? ( If that is what I am doing wrong : )

Even with that idea.. If I was to use date and time as a combined field, how to I enter the data for that.. The included date picker just does not cover it.

At worst case, I can just create dropdowns, or text fields but I would prefer not, in case I need to do other things with it later.

Anyway.. Hope someone has an idea :) .. I sure dont.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline