New FLEXIcontent field plugin: time

More
13 years 8 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #9173 by andrew
I developed a new field plugin that implements a simple time field. It's very basic, but has the major advantage of validating the time entered and ensuring it works.

The field consists simply of a text box where the user should put a time in the format HH:MM (no seconds, 24 hour time). Any input that doesn't match that format will be parsed and turned into that format; hopefully it should correctly interpret a range of invalid inputs (230, for example, will be correctly translated into 02:30). If it can't it will just set the time as 00:00.

For the reasons of the project I was working on, I removed the functionality that allows multiple values for the field (instead, we just use multiple fields; ie, a "start-time" field and an "end-time" field); if someone wants it, they can either add it themselves or contact me and I can try to find time to do it.

Download the plugin

To install it, just use the normal Joomla installer and then publish the plugin. You should then be able to add a new field of type "Time", and hopefully everything else will be clear.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by andrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9290 by micker
coooooollllll
can you post some image of admin option ?
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #9326 by andrew
But of course! Here's a screenshot of the item edit field for my 'event' item type, which uses the time field:

As you can see, I'm using the field for an event management (calendar) system I built with FLEXIcontent. Here's what that that system looks like from the front-end:

and with tooltip hover:

I'll be trying to package this up into something more portable (right now it relies on hard-coded field names and some other things that prevent it from being portable) and when I do, I'll post about it in these forums.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by andrew.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9339 by bbloom
Andrew,

What are the "ds_store" files for?

You wrote a calendar for Flexicontent that works with your time field plugin. It needs some packaging up? Why not release it as-is and call it an alpha version?

Well done!

Are you able to push your calendar to an ical?

Many thanks!
-Bob

More
13 years 8 months ago #9340 by kenmcd

bbloom wrote: What are the "ds_store" files for?

Mac junk.
Just delete them from each sub-directory, and delete the _MACOSX folder.
Mac users have to do something special to create ZIPs without the junk files.

These files can sometimes cause Joomla extension installation issues.
(some long discussions in the Joomla 1.5 bug tracker)
So it is a good idea to delete them and repackage the ZIP file before installing.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9341 by bbloom
Ah, thank you kenmcd!

-Bob

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline