Dynamic selectlist for filtering

More
13 years 8 months ago #9634 by sgagner
Hi,
In my first serious attempt to use FLEXIcontent, I want to use an SQL query in a select field.
I have some articles written which describe programs of different versions, language and type. All of these fields must be possible to filter in the category view.
To solve this I have made a text field to enter the version text (eg. Ver 1.6) and then I have made another select field for the filtering which ask for the listing of the textfield by a SQL query. The problem is that when selecting the value which is brought from the textfield, the value is not stored in the selectlist. The selection doesn't seem to be stored in the database. The result looks good on the front end but no filtering takes place. I am probably thinking wrong about this.
How can I make a dynamic filtering of versions in a category view.

Best regards,
Stefan Gagner - Mei Ya e-Service - Sweden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9670 by sankesolutions
When you create the field for your selectlist, you gave it a label and a name? Make sure the name has no spaces in it, so instead of "Filter list" your name has to be "Filter_list" or whatever you have called it.

So you can have
Label = Filter List
Name = filter_list (no spaces and all lowercase)

Does that help?

More
13 years 8 months ago #9683 by sgagner
Hi,
No my problem is not to create the select list but to make it store the selection in the database.
As it is now, nothing seems to be stored at all for the selction field which has a unique name.

Best regards,

More
13 years 8 months ago #9725 by sankesolutions
Yes having spaces in the field 'Name' can cause that issue.

Have you created a 'selectlist' field?
What is the label for that field?
What is the name for that field?

Can you post some screenshots ?

More
13 years 8 months ago #9728 by sgagner
Hi,

Here is the link to the site:
strusoft.com.preview.binero.se/index.php...5&Itemid=415&lang=sv
I have created the selection field with a SQL query to a table column with id 21
SQL query:
Code:
SELECT DISTINCT value AS tag, value AS text FROM jos_flexicontent_fields_item_relations WHERE field_id = 21
I hope this make it more clear.
The most right filter is the dynamic one that does not work. All other fileds work properly is is stored correctly.

Best regards,

More
13 years 8 months ago #9729 by sankesolutions
Can you create me an admin login? Private Message me the un/Pw you can delete it once I have had a look at the admin.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline