Second Image Field

More
12 years 7 months ago #19502 by lukass2000
Hi!
Have installed "com_flexicontent_v2.0_beta3_r914" on my Joomla 1.7.
Can i insert a second imagefield as in my screenshot?
THANKS!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19504 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Second Image Field
Whenever altering a template i suggest that you duplicate it first via templates manager and then change it, because templates default, blog and faq will be overwritten when you upgrade.

Lets call default2 the new template, do the following:

1. edit item.xml to add a new group image2
just add a line
<group>image2</group>
inside the <fieldgroups>...</fieldgroups>
2. edit item.php to add code that displays this position image2 by just copy pasting the code of image position and then altering image to image2 in the duplicated code (insert new position after position top)
3. edit css/item.css to add appropriate css to make the 3 position floating to each other
4. clean cache
5. edit item layout of default2 template to add the second image field to position image2.
6. assign new template to a content type or to an item, (note: assigning to item is not working due to a bug) and test ...

Read more about Flexicontent templates here:
blog.netassopro.com/tutoriel-tem ... structure/

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19514 by lukass2000
Replied by lukass2000 on topic Second Image Field
Hi!
Have created a new template (my_default_template) and edit the settings to this template.

But in Joomla frontend i see always the fileds (created, created by, Voting,...) from the default template and not my fields (Name, Birthday,...) from my new template.
Why this?

THANKS!

More
12 years 7 months ago #19519 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Second Image Field
hello
try to read some tutoriel about this
extensions.netassopro.com/9-tutorials
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 7 months ago #19522 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Second Image Field
Assigning a template to an item doesnot work because item parameters are not loaded properly.

So open content type e.g. "content type A" and assign the new template "my_default_template" to it.

Then clean cache.

Edit an item of "content type A" and fill in its fields, image, text etc

And then display the item in the frontend, please note that versioning is broken, so test with a newly created item that you have edited only once ... i hope to fix soon

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline