calling a field to the template

More
13 years 11 months ago #7138 by intown
Thanks so much for the code snippet.

worked perfectly in my first attempt to create custom templates.

I love this extension so glad I have found it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8465 by glowmedia
Hi I am trying the same thing, but it is not working.

I basically wish on the category page to display a thumbnail (which is linked) an artist name and a date - both from custom fields, the code I am using is:
Code:
[url=<?php echo JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($item->slug, $this->category->slug)); ?>]<?php echo $this->escape($item->field['thumbnail']); ?>[/url] <h1><?php echo $this->field['artist_name']->display; ?></h1> <h2><?php echo $this->field['artist_date']->display; ?></h2>

Please bera with me as i am new to flexicontent and custom templating.

Cheers

Steve

More
13 years 10 months ago #8567 by glowmedia
Can anyone help, I still can't seem to pull the content of fields to the category page??

Steve

More
13 years 10 months ago #8571 by micker
some solution in french
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.flexicontent.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1335 ">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1335
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline