SOLVED - Where to Insert XHTML?

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #3545 by billandre
Hi,

I am very new to Flexicontent and I am just needing a little help finding the spot in the template file to insert the XHTML code to made the item labels bold.

In the item.css file I found:

div.label {
float: left;
border-bottom: 1px solid silver;
color: #777;
font-size: 90%;

Adding "font-weight: bold" doesn't seem to make any change. Am I inserting the right code in the right place?

Thanks in advance.

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by billandre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3546 by orchid1
if you are looking to see results right away turn off the cache for flexicontent in the the FLEXIcontent configuration
you may have already done what you intended but are simply looking at a cached page. Try this first

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #3547 by orchid1
by the way, you are definitely looking in the correct css file just make sure it is the correct template you might want to look at the php page as well and find the right elements class or id. Embarrassingly enough i have made this mistake :| in the past

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #3554 by billandre
Hi again,

Thanks for the help. I got it figured out. I did have the cache turned on but I am not sure it that was it or not because I had another problem.

I couldn't get any change I made to the item.css file to show up in the item. Just by chance I moved one of my fields into the "bottom" section and the label of the field that I moved to the bottom section became bold. Then I realized that I needed to put the "bold" code up in the other sections as well.

I am really enjoying learning this great component.

Bill in Woodstock, Georgia, USA

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline