[Expected/norm] UC Module: items always same when Cache = on

More
9 years 1 month ago #53072 by omtr
Hi Forum,

with GGPDK's help i managed to use the universal content module in order to get a slideshow in a module (see www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic ).

now i just realized that when i activate the joomla cache, the slideshow thumbnails are always the same, no matter what flexicontent item is displayed.

when i disable the joomla cache, everything is fine again.

i know that FC uses its own cache, but nevertheless the joomla cache should work besides that, right?

thanks for your help!
omtr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #53073 by ggppdk
Hello

this is normal behaviour for modules with "dynamic-content", try disabling caching in module settings

You should exclude the module from caching
(there is a parameter for this in cache/styling settings)

- if it depends on current view (e.g. current item) (and in category scope: "current category", it also depends on current view)

- if you order by random

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline