Category title without link in item view

More
8 years 4 months ago #58604 by bobthebob01
Hi,

I'm trying to echo the category title on the item view which is obviously easy and trivial; but I'm trying to echo without the link to the category.
Right now, using $this->fields->display will display the category with its link.
I've looked in the category parameters and did not see any settings for that. Unless I looked with my eyes closed as my wife would say !

Does anybody know if it's possible?

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #58679 by ggppdk
Hello

this is asked every a few months
- added parameter (for v3.0.9 final) to both tags and categories field
- slowly all fields are getting "Layouts" that are editable by user, (e.g. file field) thus in future this will be even more flexible

you can wait or click "download zip" from GitHub master or wait for v3.0.9 final

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 4 months ago #58680 by ggppdk
This is customizable in categories / tags field
and then per content type override (type edit form)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline