New events calendar template

More
13 years 4 months ago #12336 by artefact
Hello,

Thanks for reply… I did it but date format and custom format does not affect my date format on frontend…

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #21840 by romaingentilella
Hello,

I don't know if this calendar has been updated since 2010, I've searched a long time for a Flexicontent Event Calendar and FlexiCal is the only solution i've found...

But I can't install it on my website, I've unzipped the downloaded file and when I'm trying to install the FlexiCal.zip, I receive the following error message :

"Erreur : Impossible de trouver un fichier XML Joomla! d'installation dans ce pack!" :?

Nobody told anything about this kind of error, I've checked the content of FlexiCal.zip and I've found 2 .xlm (category.xml and item.xml)... Is there a solution for this ? Or maybe another solution working with Flexicontent ? I've tried AllEvents and JEvents, but there are not native Flexicontent mods...

Thank you for your help, I really don't know how to fix this, it's embrassing :oops:

More
12 years 3 months ago #21850 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic New events calendar template
I see that this is the category layout part of a FLEXIcontent template,
i was originally thinking of making such a thing but i meant it to go to the universal FLEXIcontent module as a new template, so that it is combined with the powerful category scopes of the module.

in v1.5.6 r1110 /v2.0 r1110 we have:
-- the news template with improved new styling (almost 95% finished, i just need to add styling(and icons) for hits and rating)
-- the carousel (slideshow) template (40% done, i halted development for a while) (i hope i finish in time for final version since the final version will not be delayed past end of Jan/2012, since J2.5 is very close to be released)
-- the calendar template (not started) ?

anyway beside the unversal FLEXIcontent module template, i am thinking of fixing / enhancing this template with all new template features and adding it to main source trunk, but despite many things needing little time to do, testing and cleaning up can take quite some time.

I have registered a relevant enhancement issue here:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... ail?id=339

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #21866 by Rehne
Replied by Rehne on topic New events calendar template

romaingentilella wrote:
But I can't install it on my website, I've unzipped the downloaded file and when I'm trying to install the FlexiCal.zip, I receive the following error message :

"Erreur : Impossible de trouver un fichier XML Joomla! d'installation dans ce pack!" :?

Hi,

you can not install this template with the Joomla installer
you need to copy the unzipped files into the FC template folder (components/com_flexicontent/templates)

for me it works very well
www.drumbology.de/termine

Regards

More
12 years 3 months ago #21872 by andrew
Replied by andrew on topic New events calendar template
First of all, thanks, Rehne, for providing installation instructions and for sharing the link to your implementation. I like your design, and it’s great to know that people were actually able to use my work! I suppose I should have mentioned the site for which I wrote the template from the beginning: www.amq.ca/fr/en-action/calendrier-evenements

And ggppdk, I am not familiar with the universal FLEXIcontent module you refer to, but I do think it would be fantastic (and sensible) to add a “fixed and enhanced” version of this template to the main source trunk. I had trouble with a number of issues during development that I wasn’t able to solve to my satisfaction, including figuring out how to make it gracefully and sensibly integrate with configuration regarding pagination, how much to display, how to deal with past events, etc., and how to make the admin side of it logical and consistent. The functionality of an event calendar is related, but significantly different, than that of a blog, and it can be tricky to use the same interface for both. But if someone could put in the necessary time to resolve those issues, I would be very happy to answer any of their questions and try to point them to the right place if they were trying to understand how it was built.

More
12 years 3 months ago #21874 by yasarts
Hi Andrew,
J'essaie d'abord en français car tu es un cousin canadien (I try first in french, if you preffer in english, tell me).
J'utilise actuellement un artifice pas très beau pour présenter des rdv (cf. www.syndicat-scc.org/accompagnem ... ation.html ).
J'ai bien tous les champs indiqué dans ton 1er message, à savoir :
- date de début ;
- date de fin ;
- heure de début (avec ton plugin) ;
- heure de fin (avec ton plugin).
J'ai uploade le template et l'ai assigné à une nouvele catégorie ( www.syndicat-scc.org/espace-adhe ... /rdv2.html ).
Il me semble avoir bien configuré le template :

et pourtant ça ne fonctionne pas.

Ton template à l'air super pourtant.. Une idée du problème que je peux rencontrer ?

PS : je suis sous FLEXIcontent version 1.5.6 preRC3 (r1110). (oui c'est pas beau de l'utiliser en prod mais Flexi devient vraiment trop fort pour s'en passer ;-) )

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.590 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline