[Solved] Some Custom fields not saving to items

More
14 years 4 months ago #1837 by neubjr
I created a number of custom fields and assigned to a custom type "data"

What I'm stumped on is that, when I create a new data item, some of these custom fields just aren't getting saved. I looked in the databases to see what what this is what I see:

(1) in jos_flexicontent_fields - all custom created fields are there.
(2) in jos_flexicontent_fields_items_relations - several custom fields are missing from database + one core field (doc type).
(3) in jos_flexicontent_fields_type_relations -
all fields are associated correctly with the type.

In the adminsitrator panel I see the fields there, but the information is simply not being saved.

For example, if I Create a new data item, I have a field "source" which is a "select" field type. I will see this when editing the item, but after I click save, that field does not save the information.

Ideas on what I am messing up? I have loaded a couple other modules like devil's jcomments plugin field, and the tag clouds from flexi, but not much else.

Any thoughts?
Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1967 by bsky92
Hi

What type of fields are you having problems with? The "select" type one have precise parameters, if you mess with the syntax, they won't be save, it happens to me all the time ;)

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #2022 by orchid1

bsky92 wrote: Hi

What type of fields are you having problems with? The "select" type one have precise parameters, if you mess with the syntax, they won't be save, it happens to me all the time ;)

what is the exact syntax for a select field
I tried this

Value1::Label1::(Sinlge Space)Value2::Label2::
Value3::(Sinlge Space)Label3::

AND

Value1::Label1::Image1%%(Sinlge Space)Value2::Label2::Image2%%(Sinlge Space)Value3::Label3::Image3%%

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by orchid1.

More
14 years 4 months ago #2023 by orchid1
Found the answer to the syntax formatting

flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=27&t=...&rb_v=viewtopic#p178

but still having problems saving the data to the database
This is exactly what I do:
After typing the article I make my selection in the Selection Box and then I click "Apply" or "Save"
then I check the article in the front-end but it appears the selection I make is not saved to the database because when I return to the back-end to check the article my selections are not highlighted.

Anybody know why this is
I'm trying to create a tutorial on this but can't finish

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 4 months ago #2056 by neubjr
I figured out the problem, it was actually very simple. I had it with select fields first, but also a date field, and just now got it with an image field.

This issue I was having had nothing to do with the fields type, but I had put a space in the field name. This caused an error in saving to the database I guess. I took the space out and it works fine. Might want to note this for other folks that run into a similar problem.

So do not put spaces in the field names.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2078 by bsky92
Lol, I had problems with space when doing some custom table template too ... Space and database are not really friends :)

Glad you figured it out

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline