Flexicontent Module - Multiselect Fields Don't Render

More
12 years 6 months ago #19532 by Brat
I'm using the latest version of the Flexicontent Module for Joomla 1.5 (mod_flexicontent).

I entered field names to display in the module parameters area. So far, none of my multiselect fields display. I double-checked the field names to make sure I spelled them correctly.

Could someone please confirm? Thanks! 8-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19533 by ggppdk
Not all layouts use the fields, e.g. the default does not.

Please select the news layout (it is the first parameter of the module)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19540 by Brat
I'm specifically using the News layout, as default only shows a list of titles. Multiselect fields, even when listed to display, are not rendering in the front end. The field labels are, though.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19542 by ggppdk
You are using latest version of module, but not latest version of Flexicontent (v1.5.6) ???

Also check module configuration, for example, if you enable CURRENT item scope, but you display an item that has no such fields, the behavior will be like that.

Please tell what FLEXIcontent version, you have and all steps you took to display module and the fields (the scenario that leads to this problem)

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19621 by Brat
Sorry for the delayed response. The flu knocked me out for about a week. :|

I am using Flexicontent 1.5.6 R905 (I believe that's the release number). It's the latest version for Joomla 1.5

Here is exactly what I did..

1) Flexicontent module installed
2) Enabled field display on module
3) Included a multiselect field as one of the fields to display on module (double-checked field name to make sure I got this right)along with other single-select field
4) Saved
5) Cleared cache
6) Refreshed page.

Non-multiselect fields show as they should. Multiselect field doesn't even though I know there are values stored in that field (I checked the database to confirm).

More
12 years 6 months ago #19622 by ggppdk
Tested with latest r925 but it should be the same with your version, and it works

Please check if you have enabled featured items,

e.g if you have
5 items total , out of which the first 2 of them are featured, then:

2 items will be displayed using featured params
then
3 items will be displayed using standard params

so make sure you put the field name at appropriate place (standard or featured)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline