[solved] Can´t create categories

More
14 years 3 months ago #2912 by madmike
When I click New in the Categories tab I get an warning saying:

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\HostingSpaces\XXXX\wwwroot\components\com_flexicontent\classes\flexicontent.categories.php on line 127

If i get rid of the warning by telling PHP not to show warnings, I still can´t save the category. It says the category was saved but no categories shows in the list.

Went to the database and shouldn´t it be a table called 'jos_flexicontent_categories'?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2929 by orchid1
did you bind your articles corectly?
did you recently move articles to this category from Joomla?
are you using some 3rd party SEF SEO plugin?

make sure you bound things properly I sometims get this error when I havn't bound articles properly

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3538 by adolfogh
Same problem.

I was trying with a clean joomla installation. I created a couple of sections and bind one of this sections with Flexicontent, in order to create the whole category structure from Flexicontent.
When I try to create the first category gives me this error.
Any idea?
Thanks,
Adolfo

More
14 years 2 months ago #3544 by orchid1
can you check these settings
you can also follow this link to view the whole image
www.orchid1software.com/extensions/images/outside/category.png

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 2 months ago #3570 by adolfogh
Yes I have configure this option with the section I want to manage with FLEXIcontent, and right after I saved this setting, when I tried to create a new Category, all the links to Add new Category fails.
(I can't see the message because right now I'm using IIS as a server)

I'm using FLEXIcontent on other site build in Joomla 1.5.14 and everithing is OK, the main diference is that in this site I have previously a Joomla category structure.

Thanks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3575 by orchid1
I have never used IIS. hmmmmm .... let me think about it some more. Does anyone else have some ideas?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline