Couple Minor Issues

More
11 years 1 month ago #34120 by arche
Couple Minor Issues was created by arche
Joomla 2.5.9
Flexicontent 2.0.0 r1648

There are still a couple minor issues that were never updated over the months and I figured I would bring it up again after a final release was done if not fixed.

First, the Version Checking is still showing Latest Version as 1.5.5 stable (r607). Is this going to be removed or updated at all?

Second, the css on adding new and/or editing items still has a few issues. When adding a new item or editing a existing item, the text editor is still not defaulting at 100% in width like on the categories side. Looks to be at 25% or smaller. On the categories side, it will be at 100% by default without resizing. Also in the text boxes on adding new items or editing existing items, when hovering the mouse over the text area boxes it will not show a cursor but the mouse pointer (the finger/hand) will only show up. Again, this is only on the items side, not the categories side.

Verified in both Firefox 19.0 and IE 9.

This is only minor issues, but just throwing this out there if this can be fixed or updated in the next release.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #34122 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Couple Minor Issues

arche wrote: First, the Version Checking is still showing Latest Version as 1.5.5 stable (r607). Is this going to be removed or updated at all?

Yes, we will
as soon as our new listing is approved in Joomla extensions we will update the file at flexicontent.org that contains the latest version number, then all people having any version of FC will see the new latest version

arche wrote: Second, the css on adding new and/or editing items still has a few issues. When adding a new item or editing a existing item, the text editor is still not defaulting at 100% in width like on the categories side. Looks to be at 25% or smaller. On the categories side, it will be at 100% by default without resizing. Also in the text boxes on adding new items or editing existing items, when hovering the mouse over the text area boxes it will not show a cursor but the mouse pointer (the finger/hand) will only show up. Again, this is only on the items side, not the categories side.

Verified in both Firefox 19.0 and IE 9.

This is not a bug it is because the editor will take only the needed space , in pages that you see it taken 100% it is probably because at the bottom of editor there are enough xtd-buttons that cause editor to take all width

The updated textarea field has NEW options (for JCE) which editors extra buttons to display

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #34198 by arche
Replied by arche on topic Couple Minor Issues
Please read the PM I sent, I think there is a misunderstanding.

Thanks

More
11 years 1 month ago #34202 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Couple Minor Issues
What i said applies, what i forgot to say that FLEXIcontent textarea is inside a container div that is meant to place the element next to its label, by not letting it get more width than needed.

In sort this is the expected behavior because FLEXIcontent form template code wants to place fields next to their label. In the case of e.g. description field with a lot of (bottom) editor buttons you may see the field below the label taking all width of page

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 1 month ago #34203 by arche
Replied by arche on topic Couple Minor Issues
ok, thank you. That explains it. I was not sure.

Thanks again.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline