[explanation] Ordering Issues

More
10 years 11 months ago #36673 by arche
Joomla 2.5.11
Flexicontent 2.0.2 r1680

I know something similar was brought up about this before, but I have not had a real chance to test out the latest version of flexicontent except for the last couple of days.

Couple of things I have noticed so far, first off when trying to reorder something on the backend for items. For example, I am inputting alot of items as I am doing a manual transfer from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I accidentally put a item in wrong so I need to change the order, it was suppose to be number 88, so I clicked on order and typed in 88. When I look on the frontend, the order has not changed. When I came back later and logged into joomla, I went to the items and item 88 was at the end by item 157. But when I clicked on order to try and change it again, it automatically went to the right order and listed between 87 and 89. But still no change on the front end, still shows at the end of the list.

Second, I was putting in my categories and again messed up on the order of one. I reordered it to the correct order, works fine and stays were it is suppose to on flexicontent and on the frontend. But when I go to put the menu into joomla menu system, I want to make a menu with a category and click on the category button to select the category it still shows the wrong order. It shows the category in which I placed it in wrong. So basically it is correcting itself in flexicontent, but not when using joomla menu system.

Sorry for the long explanation, just trying to cover what I am referring to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #36677 by ggppdk
Hello
1. Select "FLEXIcontent" instead of "Joomla" order and click to Order by ordering column (click on header of column)
2. Select no to show subcategory items (to avoid confusion)
3. Drag and drop your items and when finished click on the SAVE button

-- make sure your category order is set to "ordering" and also that you have not enable menu override and set a different category order

(we will eliminate/merge above steps to make ordering more intuitive)

(also please read the inline help and tooltips they are only a few lines) ;)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 11 months ago #36680 by arche
Replied by arche on topic [explanation] Ordering Issues
ok, so I cannot use joomla ordering when changing the order with the order number? I understand.

What about the categories issue with menus?

Thanks

More
10 years 11 months ago #36681 by ggppdk
Hello,
there is a comment icon hover over it and you will see a full explanation

-- Joomla ordering is used by non-FLEXIcontent views and non-FLEXIcontent modules (that are only aware of ordering for main category of item)

-- about menu parameters they are ignored (and the category parameters are always used)
to use them enable parameter "Override Configuration"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline