HTML Character bug in form text field

More
14 years 1 month ago #5211 by tonyg
Hello, I've been using FLEXIcontent for a product information site since the beta and very happy with it. I was hoping this bug would be fixed in the stable release, but it is still present so I'd like to bring this concern to the team's attention.

Here's the deal - I have a text field (Label: Item Size, name: item_size) if I input 25" x 16", everything after the first quotation mark will be stripped from the field upon submission. So on the front end, and subsequent edits, all that will remain would be the 25 from the 25" x 16" I input originally. I am able to work around this by inputting 25" x 16"

Thanks,
Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #5487 by davidbart76
hi tony did you ever get a reply to this bug. It is causing me grief as each time you want to edit the item you have to change the quote character again.

As I have 5 fields which uss the quote character as they are measurements in inches it is a becoming a problem.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #5491 by tonyg
Hi, no, I've not revived any reply or further information about this bug from the team, I just have to be extra careful when I edit my items :(

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5696 by vistamedia
Hi,
I'll fix this issue soon, but if you want an issue to be fixed, the best solution is to report it to the tracker. There a lot of messages in the forum an it's quite impossible to monitor everything.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #5697 by vistamedia
The fix will be enclosed in the next release and is available in r186 ( code.google.com/p/flexicontent/s ... tail?r=186 )
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #7389 by tonyg
Very Good, if I find bugs in the future I will report them on the tracker. Thank you!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline