Broken (and blocked) article validation

More
4 years 11 months ago #76619 by nowid50
Hello,

I have upgraded to Flexicontent 3.3.1.5 and the validation workflow is broken. :S

I have a draft article and the "Request validation" option doesn't show up. I tried to force it through batch processing and this is where it got weird.
In short, when an article is in "Awaiting validation" state, the "Request validation" button shows up, but not when there is a draft.:side:

But when I click "Request validation", I get "kicked" by saying my article must be in Draft state. :(
It is very critical because it is now impossible for writers to submit new content.

Thank you for your answer :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #76620 by ggppdk
Hello

i will test (/?fix) tomorrow morning

Questions
- you speak of frontend right ?
- do the authors have publish or publish-owned ACL ? (if they have then button will not appear)
- in component configuration is the workflow set to manual or automatic request of approval ?
(there is an option that sends notification email immediately without setting item to draft state, this is good if users finish an item on 1st save and do not need to write and correct it for long time before asking for publication approval)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
4 years 11 months ago #76624 by nowid50
Here are some answers for your questions :

I am talking exclusively back-end. The website is configurated with extensive ACL to allow writers (in a specific group) access to the very few parts they need to submit new content.

In the ACL rules :
  1. Can publish document changes in existing items is Non Authorized
  2. delete is Not Authorized
  3. delete own is Not Authorized
  4. edit state is Not Authorized
  5. edit state own is Not Authorized

In component configuration, we have chosen to use a draft state as default, writers can take several tries to complete the content and send publication request manually.

More
4 years 11 months ago #76625 by ggppdk
Hello

it seems that request approval button in backend items manager was removed !!

i will check , probably because the request approval controller code should still be there, it should be simple to readdi

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.417 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline