Missing sub-category images in category view after updating to FC 4.2.1

More
9 months 3 days ago #84202 by manchine
Actually, I do not see a button or link to send you a DM. Is there any other way?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 days ago #84203 by micker
use confidential tag in content

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 months 3 days ago #84204 by manchine
This message contains confidential information

More
9 months 3 days ago #84205 by micker
hello can you explain more where are the problem and where option that you used ? (to help to find it)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 months 3 days ago #84206 by manchine
Sure.

In the backend, go to Menus > All Menu Items > Select "Main Menu" from the dropdown and then search for Sustainability.

You will notice that that this menu item is loading an FC category view with the parameter overrides enabled.
In the Parameters tab > Lists - Header > Sub-categories list tab, Category Image is set to "Show"

However, the corresponding page on the frontend, is not loading the sub.category images.

Moreover, a very nasty JS error is thrown into the JS console.

I have also noticed that if Image Source is switched to "Extract from Description" instead of "Use Image Parameters", the first image found in the description field of the sub-category is loaded, meaning that the is issue is most likely related to the retrieval of images from the sub-category image field.
This error seems to happen only in Category views.

More
9 months 3 days ago #84208 by manchine
I have been able to reproduce the bug on a fresh Joomla 3.10.12 / FC 4.2.1 environment, using the default Grid template.

FC is not retrieving the sub-category image file from the sub-category Image field in the category view,

No JS errors detected in this experiment.

Therefore I am lead to conclude that the issue isn't specific to our website.

In the screenshot below, you can see that I have set the category view menu item override to explicitly show the subcategory image, yet FC does not honour the settings.
Suffice to say that I loaded an image in the Subcategory 1A field before running the test.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline