Editing an article from frontend - creation date error

More
13 years 10 months ago #7756 by Olinad
When I edit an article from the frontend its creation date gets changed to the moment I edited it... So editing an article written a month ago will result in it appearing in the recent articles. I'll try scanning the code to see if I can find what's wrong while I wait for you to help :3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7757 by Olinad
Code:
// Are we saving from an item edit? // This code comes directly from the com_content $item->created_by = $item->created_by ? $item->created_by : $user->get('id'); if ($item->created && strlen(trim( $item->created )) <= 10) { $item->created .= ' 00:00:00'; } $date =& JFactory::getDate($item->created, $tzoffset); $item->created = $date->toMySQL();

I guess I found what's wrong :3
/components/com_flexicontent/models/items.php, line 795

More
13 years 10 months ago #7758 by Olinad
I changed
Code:
$item->created = $date->toMySQL();

to
Code:
$item->modified = $date->toMySQL();

on line 805 of the file I wrote about in the previous post and now every seems to work fine ;) Tell me if my correction creates any other bug, and if you're going to correct this in the stable package ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #7763 by Olinad
No, this is not a solution: when posting a new article, the creation date will be set somewhere in 1999 -.-' So there should be something that understands if a creation date has been set and if so leaves it as is... I'll look into it tomorrow as I'm too tired now XD

More
13 years 10 months ago #7768 by micker
you can report bug on bug tracker
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/issues/list thanks for your help !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 10 months ago #7790 by Olinad

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline