Featured items

More
14 years 4 months ago #1776 by mett
Featured items was created by mett
Please add option to set item as featured then display it using a module like minifrontpage, gavik news etc

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1792 by unleash.it
Replied by unleash.it on topic Featured items
I haven't tried Flexi with these modules, but I'm assuming they can work together. I may be wrong on this...

My suggestion would be to take advantage of multi-mapping. Just create a top-level category called "featured". You can categorize all of your items how you like, but then additionally assign the minifrontpage or gavick ones to the "featured" category. Then in minifrontpage, choose "featured" as the category to be fed into it. Haven't ever actually used those modules, but isn't that how they work?

More
14 years 4 months ago #2057 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Featured items
As far as i understand flexicontent... it uses its own tables. So, how should a 3rd party module (com_content related!) access those tables?

(is there any connection or re-direction between flexi categories and joomla core categories?)

More
14 years 4 months ago #2059 by mett
Replied by mett on topic Featured items
Meanwhle i tried gavick news module and it work fine, just select Flexicontent as section and display forntpage items

More
14 years 4 months ago #2075 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Featured items
Just a reminder, a multipurpose module in on its way, it should be published any time now, and it should help you do easily all those things

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline