Use native menu items and categories when J1.6 comes out

More
14 years 4 months ago #2000 by unleash.it
Hi there,

Please don't see this as a complaint. I'm very pleased with Flexicontent, but the reality is for my work it does come with its set of issues.

Frankly I wish there were a way to avoid a special menu type for flexicontent and that it would be more integrated with the core, including the category system. These things would enable time saving extensions like Section Ex, Alpha Content, every SEF/SEO component choice of comments, etc. to work properly. True, you wouldn't have nested categories right away, but J1.6 is right around the corner.

I think Flexicontent is best there is, especially considering the challenges. Jseblod seems to come closer to the core so you have less of these problems, but then it's more complex than it needs to be and it puts a bunch of template garble in the article text which I can't get myself to live with. Then there was bContent which never came out. It didn't have all the features of some of the newer ccks, but it lived in complete harmony with com_content. The extra fields were simply output above or below the article text. Worked great in both article and blog views and you could template it any way you liked. I believe that the key to how it worked is that it just used beforeDisplayContent or afterDisplayContent to output the custom fields.

I'm wondering, are there plans to adapt some of the new com_content features in the future?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline