selectlist field that editors can add options to

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #31949 by denniskobus
mayby it is already possible, otherwise a suggestion for a new field feature:

i'm looking for a selectlist field that editors can add options to. (preferably in frontend)

in this case a news-article as a field called 'source' that contains the name of the magazine the item refers.
To maintain spelling consistancy we would like this field to be a (long) selectlist, but if a new source is used it should also be possible for the editors to add that source.

so it should be a selectlist with an optional free text field that will be saved into the selectlist
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by denniskobus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #31985 by ggppdk
This sounds useful indeed.

Maybe textselect field can be modified to behave like this with a new parameter, of course it will need some work.

also its name is appropriate :-) textselect !!!,

-- currently the purpose of textselect field is to create customized filter via a custom SQL query and via extra parameters

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 months ago #32009 by denniskobus
Workaround for now: Combining a text field and with an selectlist with this query
Code:
SELECT value AS value, value AS text FROM cms_flexicontent_fields_item_relations WHERE field_id=15 GROUP by value UNION SELECT value AS value, value AS text FROM cms_flexicontent_fields_item_relations WHERE field_id=16 GROUP by value ORDER BY 1

mayby useful when implementing the real solution?

More
11 years 2 months ago #32603 by igcorreia
This is what I am understaing so for.

This field allows the user to add multiple values similar to the TEXT FIELD.

Until here is easy :D

Now WHY? is the query there? I don't understand. Is this to POPULATE the values?

What does this mean:
"used for category / ADV search view filters"

More
11 years 2 months ago #32607 by ggppdk
I think most appropriate is add select field to the text select field in order to show existing values

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 months ago #32610 by igcorreia
Ok, I like both of them.

Clarifying (B) does this allow me to
- ADD MULTI-VALUES using a SELECT field
- of already existing content
- using the query parameter?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline