Universal module extend scope

More
11 years 2 days ago #36266 by zouz747
Hello,
I think it'd be very useful to have an ACL scope filter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 days ago #36268 by micker
Why ? If you have a group how can see some item universal module doesnt display it
Sorry i dont understand ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 2 days ago #36277 by ggppdk
Hello,
i am thinking:
-- the user would always see all items available according to his/her access levels

-- what you suggest would be useful if
e.g. you have a logged user and you want to show "Level3" items but do not show public, in this and similar cases i think it would make sense to have this SCOPE,

What do you have in mind?
i mean can you give an example of the usefullness of this

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 days ago #36280 by zouz747
Forget it I've missed something here. I'm considering an organization where people belong to various special interest groups and facing the Joomla limitation of allowing only 1 ACL per content. So I guess I have to create a lot of combined ACL. The module works fine as is.

More
11 years 2 days ago #36282 by ggppdk
Hello,
this SCOPE makes sense to exist, e.g. the group of the user can see many ACCESS LEVELs but you only want to display items of a specific ACCESS Level

Actually the idea of adding such a SCOPE is not bad

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 2 days ago #36285 by zouz747
You're right it does make sense from an organization's point of view where all that matters is the possibility for any team member to quickly, if only temporarily, access any content across any existing (and constraining) structure such as, precisely, a team.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline