Alternative read more for types

More
14 years 1 month ago #4529 by ewel
Hello developers,

I have a feature suggestion. I think it would be good to add an alternative read more option (just like the option in the item edit view) to content types.

With that, you would be able to have different read more texts dependent on the content type. So an article might have 'read more', but an item of a gallery content type might say 'view gallery' and an item of a download content type might show 'download file'.

Normally, in Joomla without a CCK like FC, you would have different components for different types of content. So people are used to having different menu items for different categories of different content types. The fun of FlexiContent is that all these different types of content can be put into one category. Having an alternative "read more" text option in the content type options would strengthen this advantage.

Ewout

(Edited mistake)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8312 by radekz
Yes, I wouldn't mind just knowing where to set the text content for "Read more..." I want to edit it to a different string. Any tips?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8325 by micker
hello you can change your language.ini ?
no ?
or created a plugin field
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline