Next button instead of apply

More
14 years 1 month ago #4726 by ewel
When creating a content item, one has to first fill in the title, type and category, then click the apply button, and then one can edit all fields.

For the trained user who develops a website that is no problem. However, it is not as easy for website maintainers for whom a website was developed. These are not necessarily IT-savvy people and anything more complex than Gmail is a challenge.

So I thought it would make life easier for developers who have to train users as well as ordinary users if the first screen of creating a new content item would not have a save or apply button, but instead would have a 'Next' button. That screen should also show only those fields that are mandatory for full edit mode to be enabled.

A 'Next' button and showing only the necessary fields is more idiot-proof and makes it clear to anybody that in step 1 a few fields have to be filled in to go to step 2.

I think this would be fairly easy to implement and would be backwards compatible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5261 by mcampos
this a good solution!!!

but i think that the best solution is creating a page to select witch type of content do we want to create and then filling all the required fields at once.

and if there was a button in the control panel... 5 stars!!!

this is only my umbel opinion...

best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline