Content Kit - are Categories included?

More
14 years 5 months ago #577 by kenmcd
Hello,

First, I must say - FLEXIcontent is FANTASTIC!
Now to business . . .

I found this info on the beta 4 page which says:
"This new system introduces a more ambitious feature in the upcoming RC release. The content kit import/export feature!!! This means the users will be able to import a complete content kit including the type, its fields and the templates (item and category). This kit could be considered as a component."

Will this include the ability to package the categories structure?

Over and over in the Sobi2 forum users asked for the ability to create new directories from a pre-packaged set-up.
It sounds like this wish would be fulfilled with the ability to include the categories in the FLEXIcontent Content Kit.

If this feature does become available I hereby commit to contribute a Community Directory Content Kit which would enable users to quickly set-up a city guide or community directory using FLEXIcontent.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

KM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #588 by vistamedia
First of all thanks for you comment ;)
Secondly, as I do not often build directories, I didn't really think about that. But it's an EXCELLENT idea!!!
That's why I will definitely include it as an option in the content kit features. Thanks a million for the idea :-)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 5 months ago #645 by kenmcd
Emmanuel,

That is great news.
I look forward to this in a future version.

Would it also be possible to include the Tags?

While building this test directory I realized that it would be very useful to also have the tags in the Content Kit package.

Thanks!

Ken

More
13 years 7 months ago #10918 by TheSoMeEx
I'd like to second this request.

Not only am I currently struggling with moving content in full from one site to another, but I am also VERY interested in being able to create a "clone" or categories, types and templates easily.

Thank you for all of your hard work. FLEXIcontent has become the standard in 90% of my Joomla sites.

*smiles*

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline