associate subcategory to several categories

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #79020 by refacil
Hello friends

I would like new articles created in a NN subcategory of category 1 to be replicated to the NN subcategory of category 2 without having to associate each new article.

For this I think that it would be convenient to associate a subcategory (subcategory NN) with several categories (category 1, category 2 ...)

It is possible to associate a subcategory to several parent categories (one would be the proprietary category and the other categories would be mirrored)?

the only similar thing I have found is this prestashop video, using the .httaccess code, but I don't like it because I can damage the file.

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by refacil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #79021 by ggppdk
Hello

if i understand you

you want the items created in category A
to be auto assigned to extra secondary categories ?

you can create an text field and set it to have "automatic values" (Pro version)
then in the custom code at field's configuration
1. you can examine $item->catid
2. and then based on $item->catid you can modify $item->categories

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
3 years 9 months ago #79022 by refacil
I really don't want to duplicate articles, rather I want to create dummy subcategories.

What is proposed is this example:

Category 1 has: the subcategory NN and other subcategories.

Category 2 has: the MM subcategory, the NN subcategory, and other subcategories.

Since both (cat 1 and cat 2) have a subcategory called NN, I want them to contain the same articles (not duplicate them)

That is to say, that category 1 has the subcategory NN (owner) and the subcategory NN of category 2 does not really exist but is being redirected to the subcategory NN that belongs to category 1, but in the category tree it seems like if it were a different subcategory.

This would be achieved if a subcategory could be associated with several main categories (one would be the owner category and the other categories would replicate the subcategory).

This would involve creating a field in the list of categories that can be called the mother category and the aunt categories.

So when viewing a category it would show the subcategories of which it is the owner (that is, the subcategories of children of this category) and the nieces subcategories.

In this way all the articles that are in the NN subcategory will be really unique, even if the subcategory is shown in several categories.

More
3 years 9 months ago #79023 by micker
somtime using category isn't a good solution, a field (tag text) can achieve this
exemple
cars > renault ford tesla ....
Moto > toyota, harley etc
realy more powerfull to do this
- 1 cat for car
- 1 car for moto
a select text field user can add new marques whiout any adding
after you can do link to anything with filter mode like IDFIELD##VALUE
... realy more powerfull than XXXXX cat and sub cat

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
3 years 9 months ago #79024 by refacil
Since any user can edit and create articles from the front, I want the articles of a subcategory to be visible in all the subcategories that have the same name, so that the new articles remain in all of them.

Example for articles that are or are created in the subcategory "Introduction to chemistry":

Chemical Engineering (Cat)> Introduction to chemistry (subcat)
Food Engineering (Cat)> Introduction to chemistry (subcat)
Chemistry (Proprietary Cat)> Introduction to Chemistry (subcat)
Pharmacy (Cat)> Introduction to chemistry (subcat)
Agronomy (Cat)> Introduction to chemistry (subcat)
Environmental Engineering (Cat)> Introduction to Chemistry (subcat)

The proprietary degree would be Chemistry and the other degrees (Agronomy, Pharmacy, etc.) would have the subcategory "Introduction to chemistry" that emulates the real subcategory.

It can be done from Cpanel "redirect" but this may fail if redirects change, and I think it would be better from a category relationship table.

If flexicontent does it would be great news for Joomla.

More
3 years 9 months ago #79025 by ggppdk
Hello

why not use tags ?

i mean assign tags to the items

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.548 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline