FLEXIaccess - enable Item-to-User level of control?

More
14 years 5 months ago #647 by kenmcd
Emmanuel,

Directory components such as Sobi2 and Mosets Tree connect individual directory entries to particular users. These users in effect "own" various directory entries.

So while I am building this Community Directory test, I have been thinking about how to replicate this Item-to-User connection with FLEXIcontent.

Will FLEXIaccess enable this level of control?

Also, is there any integration of payment systems such as AEC with FLEXIaccess?
Again in the Sobi2 forum users were constantly asking for more sophisticated payment options which would enable them to offer different packages such as Gold, Silver, and Bronze levels which would include different features. For example the Gold level could include more pictures (gallery) or videos, etc.
This is also an issue with Mosets Tree.
This issue comes up over, and over, and over.

So if possible it would be a competitive advantage to include a demonstration of these "levels" in the community directory content kit.

Does FLEXIaccess have the ability to control specific fields within an item based on a specific user level?
Can a FLEXIaccess user level be integrated with a payment system such as AEC or other payment component?
This is what Sobi2 users have been asking for constantly.

Do you have a Testing Team or testing forum?
If Yes, please consider me as a potential tester.

Thanks.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #650 by vistamedia
Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for you interest. FLEXIaccess is a granular ACL solution designed to manage Internet/Intranet/Extranet portals. Integration of this solution is in progress in some government portals at the moment.
You can do everything you asked in the post and much more, the only problem is I have to be sure of the commercial policy I will adopt. So at the moment it’s only reserved to my customers and partners.
This means if your budget if 100 or 200$ and you are in a hurry, you should consider another solution. If you want to hire me to do this part for you and it’s not too urgent don’t hesitate to send me a PM.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

PS: My friend Radek told me about SOBI Pro, a commercial version or SOBI with powerful features and ACL. Perhaps you should also have a look ;-)

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 5 months ago #660 by kenmcd
I was not looking at this at this time specifically for myself or a specific project.

I was looking at it from the standpoint of a demonstration of the capabilities of FLEXIcontent for use as a directory based on my knowledge of what users are looking for in a directory component.

Note: The existence of a Sobi2 Pro version is of no interest as I am trying to get away from any use of Sobi2 due to their policies, copy protection problems, and other issues.

So I guess the answer is No to demonstrating these features for FLEXIcontent.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1768 by unleash.it
I have a project right now that requires associating authors with their list of articles. Flexi is perfect in every other way.

If Flexiaccess is unavailable to the general public (I think I would be willing to pay $100-200, but I understand that's not a possibility), how hard do you think it would be for me (very basic PHP skills) to create? My thinking for something simple might be:

1) In the template, add a link to the author field posting to a new component with the author name as a url parameter.

2) In the new component, grab the author name from the parameter, create a query, and print

Is that the way you'd do it?

I'd also need to create a couple of custom indexes from flexicontent articles. One would be authors grouped by each letter of the alphabet like: theoryofcomputing.org/authors/index.html . For this I am considering using Fabrik, as it allows database joins and a GUI for dummies like me... But I'm not sure if some of the layouts I need would be easy enough to acheive, so would you have some quick advice on the best place to start?

Thanks and let me know if you'd rather I posted this in the support section.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1783 by kenmcd
Author category tree
You can make a new Author category tree with the author names.
Assign each article to the separate subject and author categories.
FLEXIcontent supports multiple categories.
Then simply make another menu item with this author directory tree.
This Author category page could look just like your example.

Author Link (P)
There is an existing plugin which links the article author name to a category of the same name.
Depending on how the plugin works it may already work with FLEXIcontent now or with some modifications.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-production/authors/2790

Give that a try and please come back to report your results.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1790 by unleash.it
Thanks KenMCD. You know, I must have had a lapse in BRAINaccess, because I've even done an index like you said in Virtuemart with products... I have to keep reminding myself to get out of the normal section/category mode of thinking! Anyway it's a pretty good solution that would work, but adding the extra category (like "a" for a authors) is an extra step the content manager has to remember to do. But I've suggested to my client, so I'll see what she says. I'll probably give writing some PHP a shot.

I looked at author link and I don't think it meets my needs. I need it to link to a separate page that dynamically lists the articles by that author. I've seen another plugin that comes closer, but it lists the related articles on the same page and doesn't make the author name clickable. I should look a little deeper on the JED though, maybe I've missed something... That's why I'd rather use Flexi than k2. K2 may do author profiles, but then I couldn't use a ton of the nice com_content extensions like the one you suggest, or section ex and stuff.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline