Frontpage - Field ?

More
13 years 9 months ago #9151 by dr_dream
Frontpage - Field ? was created by dr_dream
Hello,

I think that FLEXIcontent is a powerful, complex and FLEXIble component, but I can't understand why it doesn't have any Frontpage field to chose for the articles. Will this be included or not ?

I know this can be done putting an article in an additonal category (the default category showing the frontpage), but I want to know if there is or will be a better way of doing this.

Ah, if anyone could answer another question for me would be nice: the URL output using Joomla's SEF outputs /menu-name/item/ID-article-name. Is there any way to remove the "item" output ?

Keep up the good work,
Best regards!

Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9156 by chessman
Replied by chessman on topic Frontpage - Field ?
Hey Alex,

For the SEF part I only installed and used acesef for now and the item and itemID are configurable with this component.

For the frontend field i do not understand well. Could you explain me a bit more ?

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 9 months ago #9157 by jimbo
Replied by jimbo on topic Frontpage - Field ?
Hi chessman,

Dr. Dream would something like the Joomla-core function "frontpage". I think it would be helpful for a lot of users to include this function in FC.

At this time we have to create a category "frontpage" and show this category on the home-site (frontpage/acccueil). Items have to be assigned to their "real" category and to the category "frontpage".
Many users who knows Joomla doesn't understand this "new concept".

Grüße/regards Jimbo
www.joomla-downloads.de

More
13 years 9 months ago #9158 by chessman
Replied by chessman on topic Frontpage - Field ?
oh OK.

For sure this feature (frontpage) is not included in FC right now.

I agree that it will be helpfull to have it as a core feature of FC but for my point of view the "frontpage category" tips is really great to use and really easy to make.

If this was included in FC we would have another screen to manage the articles on the frontpage but today we can already do it in the same screens as the other categories and for my point of view this is better.

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
13 years 9 months ago #9159 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Frontpage - Field ?
Joomla Frontpage feature is not a part of FLEXIcontent.
The frontpage function in Joomla 1.5 is actually a separate component (com_frontpage).
This com_frontpage component only displays articles content contained in the core com_content component.
Note: in the upcoming Joomla 1.6 the frontpage feature has now become the featured feature. This Joomla 1.6 Featured feature now also includes other types of content from other core components such as web links, contacts, etc. Any type of core content may now be featured in Joomla 1.6.

It is possible mimic the frontpage or featured feature in FLEXIcontent by using a separate Featured category.
- 1. Create new template for this category (if desired) – for example based on the Blog template.
- 2. Create a new category – for example called Frontpage or Featured.
- 3. Assign this new template to this new category.
- 4. Assign the desired content items to this category (in addition to their other assigned categories).
- 5. Create a menu item for this category and make this category the Joomla Default.

Any content type may be featured in FLEXIcontent using this technique.

It is fairly easy to test this using the existing Blog category template.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9163 by dr_dream
Replied by dr_dream on topic Frontpage - Field ?
Thanks guys! I think I'll get used to the new system of including articles in the frontpage.

I will try this extension for a better understanding, because I'll also would like to know if there is a complex module or component with module able to output FLEXIcontent's tags like Custom Properties or better: Cherry Picker for VirtueMart which looks very nice.

Anyway, thanks again!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline