Video included to the subcategory description

More
14 years 4 months ago #1924 by Dmitry Dezortsev
Hi! I'd like to say that FLEXIcontent is one of the best Joomla components I ever used. And I suppose that it is is the only that can help make what I need to make on the website.

The problem: I'm making a documentation section on my website. I have several categories with subcategories and sub-subcategories, that may include items and may not. The content in each subcategory can be located NOT only in the items BUT in subcategory (or category) description. It may contain text, images and videos (flv format). I studied "Universal content plugin support" section on this site. But it tells us the way of how to include videos to the Items, but not to the category description text. My standard AllVideos plugin doesn't work inside FLEXIcontent. This is the main problem. Is there a way of publishing flv video in the category description?

Thanks for reply!

With great respect, Dmitry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1927 by unleash.it
I'm having problems getting content plugins to work too. But maybe {loadpostion} will work for you. If not, try extensions.joomla.org/extensions/6402/details . I think Joomlaworks has a module which you could substitute for the plugin.

Even in stock Joomla, they don't let you add plugins to the category desriptions. I've found and used a solution for allowing plugins (sorry can't remember where ATM), but I'm doubtful it would work in flexi.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1930 by bsky92
Hi and welcome

I do have flv plugins working in the item description, but I have no idea how you could have a plugin working in a category.

Can't you work it around by creating an item with this documentation you want to have ?

More
14 years 4 months ago #1936 by bsky92
I checked again, I am using the Allvideo component and plugin, and I can add a video to the category description .

I am not sure if this will help you, but at least it works ... so good luck :)

ps : the video will stay in the category description only till tonight, as it was just a test and has nothing to do with the real category :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline