xmap plugin v1 issue: item showing in double

More
12 years 5 months ago #20159 by bobthebob01
Hi,

For 2 of my categories, the xmap plugin is generating 2 links for one page only.
Here are the 2 links pointing at the same page:
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=7&id=36&Itemid=13
and
index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&cid=7:product&id=36:pleat-coffee-table&Itemid=13

what i don't understand is that it does not do that for 2 other categories.

I tried a different version called v1.1 found on the forum here, but i could not even install it.

has anybody had the same issue bbefore?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20172 by ggppdk
This is because
-- the first type URL by xmap code that reads the joomla menus
-- the second type URL are generated by FLEXIcontent xmap plugin

So about the first type of links you see:
I believe you have 2 menu items that link to 2 categories , and the articles belonging to these 2 categories will be listed by default code of xmap that reads the menu items pointing to the categories.

I am not sure how to disable/change default behaviour of xmap. I tried altering/disable xmap "content" plugin but no effect.

Only way not to have these links is to exclude this menu from the menu xmap reads (go to xmap options and click delete for this menu)

I think to look in xmap forum/support for more.

In future i will look / study xmap more too, but now i don't know much more about xmap without spending time to read and study source code.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 5 months ago #20216 by bobthebob01
Thanks ggppdk,

i've posted the question on the xmap forum. I'll wait and see.

cheers

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline