[New Plugin]Display total item in Module

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #33065 by brandonking
Hello,

Please use this plugin if you want to display total number of items in specific category by stating category id in the module.
1) Inastall and Activate Plugin
2) Use custom HTML module and type syntax as {fccatcounter}CategoryID{/fccatcounter}.

It is only working in the module, not in article.
This is my first extension :oops: so if it is not the best approach for your needs then please code yourself.

AND Thank you GGPPDK! :D

Regards,
Brandon

Updated: Use syntax in module or article as well.
[attachment=0:1s5vsp21]<!-- ia0 -->plg_fccatcounter.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1s5vsp21]
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by brandonking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #33071 by ggppdk
Thanks,

Just note tha you have made it to be a content plugin,
if you want this to replace content everywhere in your page you need to make it a system plugin

1. by changing its type in XML file and
2. by changing content event function onContentPrepare() to be : system event function onAfterRender()

Also about retrieving total this is our FAQ article (for anyone that wants to use the code in its own extension):
Sample code for getting items total per Content Type with an optional top category

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 months ago #33082 by brandonking
I see, Thanks for the pointing out.
I am still learning :D

More
11 years 3 months ago #33106 by micker
cool thanks for shaering

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
11 years 3 months ago #33195 by brandonking
I have fixed my problem("encoding to UTF-8" was the problem) and now it is working all good. Please see first post to download.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline