Adv Link Plugin for JCE not working correctly

More
10 years 3 months ago #44358 by Rooney
Hi, I am on Joomla 3.2 and latest FC beta version. In addition I am using JCE and the Adv Link Plugin for FC. Normally it worked in a way that if a link to a item was created and the item's category had a category view link the link to the item used the category view menu link. This behaviour stopped. Now the item link just shows the item without any modules assigned.
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44408 by ggppdk
Hello

so wrong menu item is selected ?

can you check that
the content type of the article has a valid default menu item that is not a FLEXIcontent menu item ?

if so select a proper default menu item per content type and let it be tried AFTER other options

or disable the default menu item per content type (disable is possible since r1826 and it is also the default behavior to avoid confusion)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44500 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: can you check that
the content type of the article has a valid default menu item that is not a FLEXIcontent menu item ?

I do not know if I understand correctly, but I have no content menu items (article or category views) that link to com_content. Only com_flexicontent
Rooney

More
10 years 3 months ago #44551 by ggppdk
Hello

i think the problem is with FLEXIcontent menu item selection and not with the JCE plugin

please update to r1837 and retest:
docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... VNJTHQ5V00

it fixes issue with default menu item per content,

e.g. a random FC or non-FC menu item in content type (as content type's default menu item),
will prevent the category menu item from being selected

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 3 months ago #44595 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: please update to r1837 and retest:
docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... VNJTHQ5V00

I have installed r1837 and it is still not working.
Rooney

More
10 years 3 months ago #44599 by ggppdk

Rooney wrote: Hi, I am on Joomla 3.2 and latest FC beta version. In addition I am using JCE and the Adv Link Plugin for FC. Normally it worked in a way that if a link to a item was created and the item's category had a category view link the link to the item used the category view menu link. This behaviour stopped. Now the item link just shows the item without any modules assigned.
Rooney

Ok will test this locally and this in your site, please first answer this:

Which menu item is selected, when you create the link?

-- normally (before) the MENU ITEM with item's category was selected, right?

now which menu item is selected ?,

-- the reason that modules do not appear is because of wrong menu item being selected, right ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline