New FLEXIcontent Theme AdminTemplate

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #2327 by orchid1
made a FLEXIcontent themed template. Based on Andy Millar's default Khepri 1.5 design and Allan Walker's Khepri-ReAmped

it has a new position for a Quick Icons module I created.

in this image you can see the icon bar in the new FLEXIcontent position. The icons will take you directly to the interface you need with just a click and you can download that module here
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=23&t=542&rb_v=viewtopic

unfortunately the template is too big to upload but it can be downloaded from my site here
www.orchid1software.com/Website/free-joo...onetentkheprireamped

Enjoy

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by orchid1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2376 by orchid1
update

in order to work perfectly you also need to update two CSS files located inside the Your-Joomla Root Folder/media/system/css/

one is called
mootree.css
and the other is

modal.css
when you update these files you can be sure that the "Squeez box will display the colors properly

the files are attached below

or you could just update the colors with this hex color #58962a

but i think its easiest to just update these files. These files will also work if you revert back to the old default template ;)
Just caught this and wanted to update you all

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 months ago #2378 by unleash.it
Hey, the new module position and icons are a great idea. The only thing that worries me is the size... How big (maybe the forum just has a low limit)?

Here's a suggestion just in case you haven't thought of it. With just a small code snippet, you can get Joomla to add your custom css/js files automatically: docs.joomla.org/Adding_JavaScrip ... o_the_page

More
14 years 3 months ago #2381 by orchid1
I think the forum just has a low limit If I recall correctly it was like 256 or something like that.

About the JavaScript I appreciate the tip. ;) But I'm just not exactly sure how it would be useful except for :arrow: If you notice I do not have an icon for the "plug-ins" Link because I wasn't sure which moo-tools files were required to make the squeez box.

On the other hand I think what I really need is an install script that will write the CSS into the existing directory.

Can you explain a bit more about your suggestion?
I appreciate the tip. Thanks for the feed back.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2416 by unleash.it
Well, it's actually easier than that I think... I was thinking as if it were an extension.

To be honest, I've never tinkered with admin templates before, but from what I can tell they're not that different from front end templates.

The idea is that you could add your custom css (and javascript if needed) without needing to hack. With css, I think it's as simple as opening the index.php for your template and adding the link to the head in the normal way.

If for some reason the specificity isn't great enough to outweigh any classes/ids that are already being included from other areas (but I'm "pretty sure" you'd be fine), you might just embed it in the head or try the commands in the help doc (they might not work as-is in index.php though).

More
14 years 3 months ago #2421 by orchid1
Ah' I see what you mean.
Your basically right. Admin templates are essentially the same as front-end templates since it is also based on the MVC pattern.
I'm going to create a pro version of this template to work with a few other modules and maybe even another component extension for Flexicontent. I have a few ideas for making the workspace faster.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline