Adding image field to mod_mostread

More
14 years 3 months ago #2712 by neubjr
I'm using mod_mostreadrecent, which is a slight edit to the core joomla module, mod_mostread, to grab the popular items in flexicontent and display them in a list module position.

I've edited the module to grab the flexicontent category and display that as well, but I'm having an issue grabbing one of the fields I created. It is an image field associated with my flexicontent item type. I'm trying to display the image with the title of the item, and the category.

My Php knowledge is still novice, but I'm trying to learn, I'm sure this is something that the new module Emmanuel is making will do, but could someone point me to the right code snipet that would allow me to get an image file from a field that has been associated with an item?

Currently, I've edited the SQL query to grab the field value from the database, but that gives me what is shown here: www.datafuzz.com/joomla/ on the left column "popular data" module.

Just a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2720 by yopyop001
Hi,

May be the images of the paragraph 'A new class for fields' in the article www.flexicontent.org/developers-blog/fle...sability-inside.html can help you.

It's a good way to adapt existing content module

More
14 years 3 months ago #2820 by KingoftheRoad
I want to do similar things to UCD. Would like to know how to link the thumbnail image to the content?

I want small thumbnail image to display in UCD, not the medium thumbnail. Any advice to take care of that?

Many thanks.

Seth

More
14 years 3 months ago #2938 by KingoftheRoad
Hi everybody,

I follow the instruction at www.flexicontent.org/developers- ... nside.html to insert fields "image" and "text" in the Joomla latest news module. It works.

At the last stage to display the variables in the template. I use the command:

$lists[$i]->desc = $row->fields->display;
$lists[$i]->image = $row->fields->display;

Be fault, it displays the medium size image and fulltext.

What are the correct command to display small size thumbnail image and introtext?

Many thanks.

Seth

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline