Is it possible to display just a single article ?

More
14 years 1 week ago #6174 by TtfnJohn
Is there a way to get just one article in the module rather than a range of them?

I'm not sure if the Item ID field will do that or exactly what it's for or if it will accomplish that by using other settings.

Any help or pointing out the obvious (in case I'm missing it!) would be appreciated!

ttfn

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6176 by TtfnJohn
I need to clarify is it possible to dispay just a single article in AidaNews.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6183 by elamedia
Create a cat and a section then put one article in it!!

More
14 years 1 week ago #6192 by Olinad
I have been asked about something like it already, but I wanted to find a way to let you select the articles directly (not using itemids) before implementing it.

More
14 years 1 week ago #6197 by TtfnJohn
Thanks to you both.

To elamedia: C'mon here! That's just too simple! That can't possibly be the answer! I've obviously been hanging around with engineers to long. :lol:

To Olinad: The idea to select the article(s) directly is a good one but if item id(s) is easier to implement it strikes me as "good enough" until you get the direct selection implemented. Something of a stop gap till you get there. Give it some thought. It may not work for what you have planned long term but as a quick and dirty solution it's better than nothing.

One of the attractive things about FLEXIContent other than all of the power and ease is, for me, the quick answers to what some might think of as silly questions (as if newbies to an application ask any other kind to veterants!) unlike the responses I got on K2 when I first tried to use it.

You guys have no idea how much that helps the use of this and the community around it grow.

Thanks!

ttfn

John

More
14 years 1 week ago #6204 by Olinad
Yep you're right, I don't like the way the guys at joomlaworks handle things... their products are wonderful, bu you simply won't get any help from them (unless you're REEEEEALLY lucky XD)

When the categories were still handled with catids some people managed to write the category name in that field, even though I stated you had to write numbers in it in the description... -.-''' So I'll probably add the feature you ask me, but I HAVE to find a way of making it easier for everyone XD

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline