AiDaNews - date format changes

More
14 years 4 days ago #6329 by webmanager
How or where can I change the date/time format? I just want the date displayed not the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #6376 by KingoftheRoad
at the "Title, Intro, Date, Author, Category" TAB, there is a Date Type setting:

However, I type in %B %Y, it outputs 2010-04-25, NOT April 2010.

Anybody has successfully changed the date format, pls share with us the settings.

Many thanks.

Seth

More
14 years 1 day ago #6407 by webmanager
Hi Seth, thanks for your reply. I'm using V2.5.4 as a stand alone module (not using Flexi Content) so some of the fields are grayed out, anyway, I don't have a Date Type field.

More
14 years 13 hours ago - 13 years 11 months ago #6446 by Olinad
I'll get back working on the module this weekend ;) I'm sure I'll figure out what the bugs are about and correct them, but I don't have enough time right now.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Olinad.

More
14 years 2 hours ago #6461 by webmanager
Thanks!

More
13 years 11 months ago #6674 by status101
Hey there Danilo,

Hope things are well. I have just gotten back to working on Joomla stuff and came by to see where the module was at. Fantastic work on all the updates!

I have read recent posts, and I am a confused/having trouble following exactly what the situation is with FC dates.

I have created a date field in FC ( for an event type), and things seem to be working in 'upcoming' events order based on that date - after setting the 'end publishing' dates, but I am having trouble displaying a flexicontent date field in anything but the default format.

I am not sure if this is a bug, still being worked on, something I am doing wrong, or something that is yet to be implemented.

I am using Mickers workaround, and it seems to be working for me - ( Using the NON FC creation date ) but I was wondering of there was any movment on being able to use / display the FC date field? It will be confusing for someone other than me to edit the site.. and I guess thats the point with Joomla/FC etc :)

One other thing I thought I would mention. I hacked the mod a little to get the output I wanted, by putting the top position NEXT to the image rather than above it. As standard, you only have the description next to the image.. it would be handy if you could put another position NEXT to the image, and above the desctiption in future releases. It alows me to create a more compact display. I guess the other way of doing it ( but I think it would be much harder ) would be to have [image] and [description] fields that are placeable.. and a simple 4 or 5 line position set, and then people could lay out things almost any way they wanted. Anyway, just an idea to save me playing in code each time I update :)

Thanks once again for all your work on this.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline