AiDaNews - date format changes

More
13 years 11 months ago #6692 by Olinad

status101 wrote: Hey there Danilo,

Hope things are well. I have just gotten back to working on Joomla stuff and came by to see where the module was at. Fantastic work on all the updates!

I have read recent posts, and I am a confused/having trouble following exactly what the situation is with FC dates.

I have created a date field in FC ( for an event type), and things seem to be working in 'upcoming' events order based on that date - after setting the 'end publishing' dates, but I am having trouble displaying a flexicontent date field in anything but the default format.

I am not sure if this is a bug, still being worked on, something I am doing wrong, or something that is yet to be implemented.

I am using Mickers workaround, and it seems to be working for me - ( Using the NON FC creation date ) but I was wondering of there was any movment on being able to use / display the FC date field? It will be confusing for someone other than me to edit the site.. and I guess thats the point with Joomla/FC etc :)

One other thing I thought I would mention. I hacked the mod a little to get the output I wanted, by putting the top position NEXT to the image rather than above it. As standard, you only have the description next to the image.. it would be handy if you could put another position NEXT to the image, and above the desctiption in future releases. It alows me to create a more compact display. I guess the other way of doing it ( but I think it would be much harder ) would be to have [image] and [description] fields that are placeable.. and a simple 4 or 5 line position set, and then people could lay out things almost any way they wanted. Anyway, just an idea to save me playing in code each time I update :)

Thanks once again for all your work on this.

Hi :)

The FC date field custom output is still being worked on. The [image] tag can be used :) (read the positions' descriptions for the full list of tags that can be used)

I'm sorry if this answer is so short but I'm kinda tired ATM :) I'll get back working on the module when I have time, and I won't really have much this month... I hope I'll be able to release at least a new version :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6873 by jjart
Hello - thanks for the beautiful module. Is there a way to NOT show the date at all?

More
13 years 11 months ago #6896 by Olinad

jjart wrote: Hello - thanks for the beautiful module. Is there a way to NOT show the date at all?

Layout setup -> remove the "[date]" tag

More
13 years 10 months ago #7434 by vlester
Yes I confirm there is a bug when you add hour and minute in the field date.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7716 by vlester

webmanager wrote: Hi Seth, thanks for your reply. I'm using V2.5.4 as a stand alone module (not using Flexi Content) so some of the fields are grayed out, anyway, I don't have a Date Type field.

Hello,

I downloaded the last version but I have the same problem : I can't change the format date.
Did you find how to solve this bug ?
Thanks for your work

More
13 years 10 months ago #7881 by Olinad
In v 1.1.1 the field works for every date I guess :3

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.599 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline