Subitems Idea

More
13 years 4 months ago #12562 by pcpros2go
Subitems Idea was created by pcpros2go
I don't think I've seen this on the board anywhere so here we go.

I'm pretty sure flexicontent is not capable of accomplishing what I'm thinking of, at least not in its current capacity.

The scenario is I have an item and that item has say 3 other items that are associated with it. When the main item is pulled up to be viewed it would display the information associated with and then the 3 other item might appear below it in the same view.

I understand all that would be accomplished by the template. But there needs to be a way to tie those 3 other items to the primary item. And the whole process be easily repeatable. I could probably do some primary category and a subcategory thing. But that would have to be done everytime. So if I had say 20 of these to do I would have to do 20 primary categories and then a subcategory for each.

I think this could be accomplished with a Subitem field type. But ideally it would be accomplished in the core code of the items section.

Anyone else have any ideas to share?

PC Pros 2 Go
Computer Repair - Web Design - Hosting

And occasionally I hack up some Joomla code.
www.pcpros2go.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12564 by yopyop001
Replied by yopyop001 on topic Subitems Idea
Hi,

I made a plugin few month ago, to link flexicontent items together :

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic

May be it can help you.

I don't have lot of time to make update on it, but may be soon.

Regards

More
13 years 4 months ago #12612 by pcpros2go
Replied by pcpros2go on topic Subitems Idea
I'll take a look at it, Might just do the trick or give me some ideas. Time permitting.

PC Pros 2 Go
Computer Repair - Web Design - Hosting

And occasionally I hack up some Joomla code.
www.pcpros2go.com

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline