XML article ingestion system?

More
14 years 3 months ago #1439 by mxwitkowski
Hello,
I am interested to see if the creation of an XML article ingestion system is being considered. We are looking to use FLEXIcontent as our complete article management system and as part of the workflow we would like to be able to do the following:
1. upload an XML document containing the article content and metadata directly into FLEXIcontent
2. have the import create a new item
3. have the XML metadata tags mapped to custom fields for the item
4. have the article content imported into the newly created item

Any help or guidance you can give is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1509 by vistamedia
Hi it's not so easy in FLEXIcontent as there are 4 tables to populate ;)
#__content, #__flexicontent_items_ext, #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations and #__flexicontent_fields_item_relations
You sould have a look to the import method from the flexicontent's backend items model
I hope this will help,
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #1529 by mxwitkowski
Emmanuel,
Thanks for the info, I am new to FLEXIcontent and thus far I have been extremely impressed with the system! In your post, you indicated that I should "have a look to the import method from the flexicontent's backend items model".

Is the import method a feature of the existing software or is that something that I can build? Also, can you point me in the direction on where I can find more documentation about this feature.

Regards,
Mark

More
14 years 3 months ago #1533 by vistamedia
Hi,
I am currently think about a FLEXIimport component that would be able to manage that.
With an XML template system, that would allow to migrate any type of data (even for old joomla 1.0 websites I have)
The import method I talking to you about is the one used to transform the section->category->article structure into cat->subcat->item
Then there's another intersting method for you addFlexiData() (in the same model)
This one is used to bind standard articles to their extend data.
I'm sure you'll sort this out. It's not complicated to build a custom script with this elements that will match your own data structure.
Making it generic is something totally different ;-)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.575 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline