Flexicontent - related items module

More
14 years 3 months ago #1690 by neubjr
I am a very novice developer, trying to get better. I want to adapt the mod_related_items core joomla module to flexicontent. The adaptation I'm looking for is to use the flexicontent tags to determine the related items instead of the metadata keywords (currently used by the module).

I'm am assuming that what I need to change is in this file: "joomla/modules/mod_related_items/helper.php" where it says:
Code:
// select the meta keywords from the item $query = 'SELECT metakey' . ' FROM #__content' . ' WHERE id = '.(int) $id; $db->setQuery($query); if ($metakey = trim($db->loadResult()))

However, I'm not sure what to change this to in order to get to the flexicontent tags. Could someone with more knowledge point this out? I think there are lots of uses for a related items module using the flexicontent tags. I'm assuming its a relatively easy edit to the code. Please let me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1701 by vistamedia
Hi,
This feature comes natively in the multi-purpose module. Hopefully for Christmas ;)
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #1756 by neubjr
Thanks Emmanuel, I'll watch out for that Module.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1796 by Olinad
I hope this won't delay the release of the module... will the module allow showing the introtext of the related contents?

More
14 years 3 months ago #1944 by slipsy
A much needed functionality to complete what looks like a fantastic piece of work. To ealry for me to comment but makes K2 seem alittle hurried....

(Why virtuemart for registration? Future products add ons for Flexi?)

Related links: I built a related links extension for Joomlas com_content that crucially didnt guess the link via meta dat or tags but let the editor choose which article was related to which content.Currently Flexicontent cannot do this as there is no item to item link field type

Is this something easy to do? For com_content I did it with a WYSIWYG button that used a modal window to show content you could link the currently edited item to via pairing up their ids in a custom table. Would this fit with Flexicontent?

cheers
alanski

More
14 years 3 months ago #2004 by gobezu
Dear Emanuel,
Applaud your effort in flexicontent.
This tiny addition called multi-purpose module (similar to the one that comes with k2) would push the usefulness of this wonderful component even further.
So we are indeed waiting, our Christmas present is late ;)
Hope you had a good Christmas behind and hope you will have a good new year celebration!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline