Co-Author Assignment with Flexiaccess

More
12 years 7 months ago #18630 by Brat
Once again, my really extreme Flexicontent project has raised another issue. This time, it's permissions.

Just to provide more information, I'm using Flexicontent to develop a collaborative environment for fiction writers. I actually have gotten VERY far with Flexi (MUCH farther than any other solution available).

I want to allow story creators to be able to select "co-authors" for their projects. In the front-end, I have successfully created a co-author selection field. The trick now - to write code that essentially gives the "co-author" edit, add and delete privileges for that story (which means the story, and related chapters).

In my work flow mock-up, the following code will be executed once the story and any subsequent chapters are submitted (triggered by Joomla's after content save):
Code:
if ($isCoauthor) { // Assign edit, add, delete for each item }

I do have Flexiaccess. Is there some code in Flexiaccess that I can look at regarding assigning roles to individual users? Thanks! 8-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #18632 by ggppdk
Please avoid doing this way.

With FlexiAccess you can give the privilege to authors, called "Grant Permissions", this way the can give edit to other users(authors).

You can give the privileged Grant Permissions to a Category or an individual article.

Just Goto to:
FlexiAccess/Frontpage & Content/... Click on a category to give the above privilege, or click on individual items ...

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #18651 by Brat
Oh! Okay, let me start playing with this. Thanks!

UPDATE: I'm confused about the "Default Group". Do I have to manually move people from, say, Registered to Default? Is there a way to automate this process?

Also, more information just in case I wasn't clear:

In my system, registered members are enabled to submit stories. They also want to grant permission to individual, specific members to collaborate with them on stories. For example, say Debbie wants to submit a story. She wants to co-author with Sherri. She does not want to grant the entire default group that level of permission.

Here is another complication. A story consists of several chapters. Does the author have to grant permission to each and every piece? Or, is there a way so that the permissions set by the author for the story "cascade" to the chapters?

More
12 years 6 months ago #19398 by Brat
I've done more testing. Flexiaccess works perfectly for backend. I can set up category permissions, etc., with no problem. However, Flexiaccess does not appear to work so well with front-end permissions. And I absolutely cannot make sense of ACO, AXO, etc. (that shouldn't be surprising. :P )

Oh well, I will revisit this issue when another version of Flexiaccess comes out.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline