What about a wiki?

More
14 years 3 months ago #1943 by raptoplob
What about a wiki? was created by raptoplob
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for an awesome extension to Joomla! I've been trying to figure out how to publish a number of types of contents, then I came across flexicontent and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

However there seems to be a lack of documentation (though clearly not support!) that makes it hard to get going with flexicontent.

From the comments I've seen on the forum I think a lot of users would be happy to contribute to producing a wiki for the project to help each other and to save you time.

What do you think?

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1946 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic What about a wiki?
Hi and welcome aboard

I think this is a good idea, but we have to wait for Emmanuel to tell how he feels about, this is his virtual baby :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #2053 by raptoplob
Replied by raptoplob on topic What about a wiki?
Glad you like it, hopefully Emmanuel will like it too :)

Rob

More
14 years 3 months ago #2426 by orchid1
Replied by orchid1 on topic What about a wiki?
I'm on board for a wiki

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 3 months ago #2471 by Linuus
Replied by Linuus on topic What about a wiki?
Me too!
This is an awesome component and I'd gladly contribute to a Wiki!
(With what I can... :) Learning more and more every day!)

More
14 years 3 months ago #2474 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic What about a wiki?
Hi everybody,
I'm ok with the principle if you wish to do it this way :-)
But my idea was to promote individual contributions. That means open access to contributors who wish to write directly on the website. Of course this implies a frontend submit system :-)
But the advantage would be backlinks for contributors, cause I think it could give some more motivation that a wiki by nature cannot give.
By the way, Ken (kenmcd) has started an awesome work and everybody who wish to write docs should get in touch with him to avoid duplicate work.
Orchid1 and Johnux have also done nice video tutorials. (It could be cool to have some more).
Let me think about a solution to consolidate all this nice work and I come back to you with a proposal ;-)

Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline