Trying to contact Emmanuel

More
14 years 2 months ago #2106 by unleash.it
Dear moderators,

I've tried to send Emmanuel a couple of PMs about a possible custom coding job. However, they've been stuck in my outbox for about a week and apparently haven't sent. My guess is that he's trying to take a vacation, which I don't doubt is well deserved.

Just making sure that's the case and there isn't a problem with the PM system...

p.s. I'm not in a big rush, so I'll wait a bit longer for my answer. If you're not available, my next question would be if someone else known in the Joomla community who knows both flexicontent (well) and Joomla is interested in a smallish programming job: Basically a couple of custom indexes and a new "tag" field plugin. Secondarily (if possible in my budget), the ability to have a search box for certain fields (ex: Search Authors. Search Reviewers) with custom output (using some flexi fields).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2112 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Trying to contact Emmanuel
Hi

There is no problem wit PM, but as you could guess from visiting the forum, Emmanuel is away - he would else be answering posts, too

So let him have some private time for himself, I'm pretty sure nothing is so urgent that can't wait a few more days :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #2151 by unleash.it
Even though this involves paid work I agree of course... But I thought there might have been a problem with the PMs since the two I sent were stuck in my outbox for a week. Thanks for the reply, no worries.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2153 by Olinad
Replied by Olinad on topic Trying to contact Emmanuel

bsky92 wrote: Hi

There is no problem wit PM, but as you could guess from visiting the forum, Emmanuel is away - he would else be answering posts, too

So let him have some private time for himself, I'm pretty sure nothing is so urgent that can't wait a few more days :)

I've been scanning this forum every day for more than a week, so I assumed he was away, but anyway... Please please please let us know if you're gonna take a vacation for more than a couple of days... not because we want to know every move of yours, but just to have the consciousness that our questions can't be answered right away... And just avoid loading this page again and again just to see nothing.

This is because I just need the FLEXIcontent module to start working on my project... and just knowing that it won't be out until, I dunno, day X would help me reconsider the things I can do in the meanwhile...

Yeah that's what I wanted to say... then, I guess Emmanuel could even take a week off every month, if he just let us know he did :) But if he promises smth to come out "for Christmas", and then realizes he can't mantain its prediction, he should at least let us know it...

More
14 years 2 months ago #2156 by unleash.it
My personal philosophy with open source is to never assume anything. Especially since when software is free, I like to think of any offered support as a generous extra (in Emmaunel's case, it's been very). That's the thing with open source. The cost is sometimes "free" upfront, but there's a sweat equity everyone needs to share in. Without that latter, open source doesn't work.

I only posted here only because it appeared the PMs weren't working and because I couldn't find a contact link on the site.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2165 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Trying to contact Emmanuel
Sometimes, you just can't tell you will be away, shit happens .....

People may have technical problems, like loosing the internet connection - yes, it can happen - or more serious ones like loosing someone they love ...

The community tried its best to answer whatever was possible

So just wait a little more, I know Emmanuel is back and will be answering your unanswered questions :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline