Creating Templates

More
14 years 3 months ago #2401 by lexxy2000
Creating Templates was created by lexxy2000
I am going to attempt creating my first template. what does each file in the template control and will the structure for the template change in the next release i would hate to spend time creating something that would be obsolete in a few week.

P.S. what is the next date for the release i am waiting for the frontend submission to finish my project.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2403 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Creating Templates
Hi

As far as I know, templating is now stable, so you should not have any problem making your own templates

I have no precise date for the next release, it is supposed to be beginning February

More
14 years 3 months ago #2430 by lexxy2000
Replied by lexxy2000 on topic Creating Templates
i created a template but for some odd reason it does not load. functions fine is template section but front view sections seem to on load the default template like mine does not exist. any suggestions.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2432 by vistamedia
Replied by vistamedia on topic Creating Templates
Hi,
If it's an item template, it should be assigned either in the type parameters or directly in the item parameters. There isn't any relationship between categories and items in terms of templates!!! (Because categories can aggregate multiple content types ;-) )
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2443 by lexxy2000
ok got that last issue working. misspelled a file. now new problem. on the category end of my template. all fields go the my last field position every time i save.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2498 by lexxy2000

lexxy2000 wrote: ok got that last issue working. misspelled a file. now new problem. on the category end of my template. all fields go the my last field position every time i save.

After trying everything i could name changes and different name formats it seams that you cannot have more than 11 positions in any template is that correct or is it a bug. Please help I am new at php and trying my best to create something to contribute to the community.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.873 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline