Moving Forward/Templating

More
14 years 3 months ago #2734 by yellowhousedesign
Hi, I wanted to start off by saying thank you for putting in all of the hard work you have. FlexiContent really looks great!

I did have a question about moving forward with a project we need to get started on. FlexiContent seems like the perfect candidate, but I'm just weary of the whole 'beta' thing. I haven't personally seen any errors, but would it be safe in your mind to at least build out the site map within FlexiContent? I'm assuming the upgrade process to the stable should be pretty painless, but I just didn't know if you expected any database changes or anything like that, that may cause any hiccups?

I know the tutorial for custom templating needs to be updated (like I had seen you mention) but do you think that as well should be held off from, or would the stable pretty much follow the same criteria as far as how those are built? I desperately want to make a template like zoo.yootheme.com/catalog-templates/product , but I've just been a little confused on how exactly everything works (since everything - ordering of elements - is made int he backend, I just didn't know how we could control the styles of these individual elements). I guess that may sound confusing, but if you've used Zoo, it's more of a 'if you add the element - put the calls to it in your template and put your divs and spans around it as needed'. I just wasn't 100% on that.

I guess that's probably enough rambling for now - but thank you again for all of your hard work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2737 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic Moving Forward/Templating
Hi

You don't need to worry about the Beta thing, actually FC is pretty stable since Beta4, Beta5 brought the new generation of templating, which is stable and should just be improved, but withouth changing the templating

I have one site live running - even if it's not commercial, it's live and I would hate for it to be crushed. I had two upgrades within Beta till now on this site, and it never crushed nor did I had to rebuild every thing during hours

And as Emmanuel said it more than once, this Beta version is far more stable than a lot of RC versions from certain components out there

More
14 years 3 months ago #2738 by yellowhousedesign
Thanks for the quick reply. I think without a doubt FlexiContent is a very flexible solution.

I hate to be 'one of those guys', but I really would like to see that content module Emmanuel was talking about (ex. the archive module) and the additional features - front-end submission, but I know like with any other component that is going to last, you can't rush greatness!

More
14 years 3 months ago #2744 by kenmcd
Replied by kenmcd on topic Moving Forward/Templating
FYI - a Product Catalog example template and a Gallery example template are in the works.
See: Re: Example Template

I have no idea of when these will be released.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2755 by yellowhousedesign

kenmcd wrote: .
FYI - a Product Catalog example template and a Gallery example template are in the works.
See: Re: Example Template

I have no idea of when these will be released.

Thanks for the link, I believe I had seen that one before - I originally posted on that one ;) , but I really do appreciate you taking a look in the forums to see if my question had been answered already. Thank you very much!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline